Get educated this week, with three impressive-looking panels and workshops on the future of fare payment, residential parking requirements, and why we drive.
- Tuesday: Hosted by the New York Academy of Sciences, experts from the MTA, the Port Authority, and NYC DOT will discuss the future of toll and fare payment systems, looking ahead to what will be possible post-MetroCard and post-EZ Pass. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: NYC DOT presents its Washington Avenue Safety Project to Brooklyn CB 8’s transportation committee. 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: NYU’s Furman Center hosts a breakfast workshop on residential parking requirements. 8:30 a.m.
- Also Wednesday: Queens CB 2’s transportation committee sits down with officials from the MTA and NYC DOT for updates on many of the projects underway in the district. DOT will give an update on its bike program. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: UPenn professor Rachel Weinberger gives a lecture on her new book Auto Motives, co-written by Karen Lucas and Evelyn Blumenberg, at City College. 3:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.