This Week: Transitway, Bikeway, Earth Day
Okay, so this week marks the third anniversary of the launch of Mayor Bloomberg’s doomed congestion pricing campaign. But turn that frown upside down! Despite today’s grim state of affairs, there are plenty of local livable streets projects in development. This week’s highlights include public info sessions on no fewer than three.
- Tuesday: Auto-Free New York hosts representatives from the TWU,
who will address the possibility of a green funding solution to help
solve the national transit crisis. 6 p.m. Also Tuesday: a High Bridge rehab meeting (6 p.m.); and MCNY hosts a discussion on how New York
influenced the design of cars to promote speed and glamor. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: NYCDOT and NYCT present an open house on the 34th Street Transitway. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Also Wednesday: Elected officials and NYCDOT hold a public session on a proposed two-way bikeway for Flushing Avenue. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Earth Day! Lots of great events.
- Saturday: TA’s Shin-pei Tsay leads a tour for the Municipal Art Society on the design of complete streets. 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Cool bike classes and rides all around town, including
an offering from what may be the city’s first for-profit bicycling-tour
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.