It’s the busiest week of the year so far, starting with tonight’s big Brooklyn event. The RPA’s annual big to-do is Friday, followed by a full slate of Saturday happenings.
- Tonight: Those interested in a safer Prospect Park West will have a chance to speak up at tonight’s DOT open house. A project to add a two-way protected bike path to PPW has been in limbo since last year, reportedly at the behest of Marty Markowitz, who is opposed to sacrificing a few parking spots in the name of a calmer corridor. See where things stand tonight at 6:30.
- Tuesday: Manhattan CB 2 hears a report on the Canal Area Transportation Study. 6:30 p.m. Also Tuesday: Another Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway Workshop, this one in Red Hook. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: TA’s East Side Streets Coalition is giving a presentation to Manhattan CB 3. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: East Side Streets Coalition action continues with an East Harlem open house. 6 p.m.
- Friday: The Regional Plan Association holds its Regional Assembly, featuring Janette Sadik-Khan, Adolfo Carrion, Richard Ravitch, The Open Planning Project’s Nick Grossman, and many others. 8 a.m.
- Saturday: Eight great events throughout the day, including rides in the Bronx and Queens, a bike helmet fitting in Manhattan, a DOT open house in Jackson Heights, and learn-to-ride classes for adults in Williamsburg. The full line-up is here.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.