Does downtown Flushing need copious, cheap parking to accompany new development? Queens residents will take up that question at this week’s first big event.
- Monday: Queens Community Board 7 will meet to discuss, among other things, the Flushing Commons project. 7 p.m. Also tonight: AIA and the American Planning Association host a panel on sustainability: "Can we achieve integration at the regional level?" 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Auto-Free New York hosts newly-elected City Council Member Margaret Chin. 6 p.m. Also: The East Side Streets Coalition’s Midtown East workshop convenes at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: Another East Side Select Bus Service open house. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: NYCDOT hosts the first of four Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway workshops. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: A public information session on NJ Transit fare increases and service reductions at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. 5:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.