The biggest thing going this week is Wednesday’s Manhattan CB 8 vote on protected bike lanes. Trash trucks, climate change and bike fashion round out a full slate of events. And if you live in Queens and have been thinking of joining TA, be sure to check out Tuesday’s LIC party.
- Monday: The Five Borough Bike Club’s monthly meeting features a Nova Scotia travelogue. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Transportation Alternatives will hold a membership party in Long Island City especially for Queens residents. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: A Greenpoint/Williamsburg community group with possibly the greatest acronym ever — Organizations United for Trash Reduction And Garbage Equity (O.U.T.R.A.G.E.) — will discuss ways to minimize the impact of garbage trucks in the area. 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan Community Board 8 is scheduled to vote on a resolution in support of protected bike lanes for the Upper East Side. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: The Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute will host a
conference on the important role local transportation infrastructure
plays in the city’s economy. 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday: The Time’s Up! Green Apple Climate Tour will precede a ride highlighting future sea level rise. Events will be held at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively.
- Saturday: The Hub in the West Village hosts what is billed as the city’s
first fashion show featuring clothes to wear while bicycling. 9 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.