Streetsblog has gotten word that bike lane construction is set to proceed next month on several streets in Brooklyn Community Board 1 territory.
An August 31 letter to CB 1 District Manager Gerald Esposito from DOT Brooklyn Borough Commissioner Joseph Palmieri lists the following planned improvements:
- Bedford Avenue between Rogers Avenue and Division Street
- Division Street between Bedford Avenue and Berry Street
- Franklin Avenue between Dean Street and Wallabout Street
- Wythe Avenue between Wallabout Street and North 14" Street
- Banker Street between Nassau Avenue and Franklin Street
- Franklin Street between North 14" Street and Eagle Street
- Eagle Street between West Street and McGuinness Boulevard
- Freeman Street between McGuinness Boulevard and West Street
"Completion of this project will yield a continuous bicycle route of 11 miles in each direction spanning Brooklyn from Sheepshead Bay in the south to the Newtown Creek in the north," Palmieri writes.